SPLIT SOLID TO MULTIPLE PARTS

hEINSTEIN

Hi

Is it possible to split 1 part into multiple parts using a sketch?

I want to make a part that covers my entire floor surface, and then with a sketch break it into grating panels.

image.png.1204c2cb190bde874848b72b007362f0.png

image.png.b7e1d76565b09bc46bc789f68bd10eb7.png

If you create the floor panel and just copy with triball that shouldn't take more that around 2 minutes or less. Any reason you want to do it that way?

-Spencer

Edit: also if you are using grating panels they will have to be fairly custom due to the fact that they require grating clips and will need to be ending near the middle of the members to eliminate overhung loads. Maybe this is why you want to do it?

Edited by SSIMMONS

I may not be totally understanding the question, but I put together a quick video and have attached a quick and dirty scene to show how I might tackle this.  My test case is simplified, but hopefully will get the point across.  Essentially, I would just project and trim the panel cross-sections to match my sketch edges/limits per panel.

As far as accomplishing all of that within one command, I don't know.  Typically, when we have to adjust grating profiles we will do something similar to this, although in my work I deal with relatively small areas to cover (narrow walkways and small platforms).

Hope this helps come up with an idea that works.

- Sam

Scene1.ics

@SHORNBRO 

@Cary OConnor

Thanx guys, great suggestions, by combining both these methods I will get the desired outcome as I wanted.

Great work always good to see some the different aproaches to use features.

Edited by hEINSTEIN
added information
  • Like 1