Stumped - sheet metal part invisible

Gigi

Tinkering around here and I must have inadvertently pushed a button....

In the Top/bottom/end part, which is made with sheet metal tools, one stock and two bends. The two bends, Top and Bottom, are invisible. If I click the item in the tree, it shows the outline and handles which I can manipulate, but for the life of me, I can't get it to show the part. I tried show/hide and unsupress. I don't see where I can edit transparency like I can on other things when I select them. Any idea what I screwed up here?

hydro_res_4.ics

Edited by Gigi

• Gigi changed the title to Stumped - sheet metal part invisible
On 2/28/2022 at 9:12 AM, Cary OConnor said:

What version of the product was the file last saved in? Was it a student version?

Yes, it's the 2021 student version.

Does that make it impossible for others to open and help? 

I should probably upgrade to 2022.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to open files made in the Student version with my 2021 installation (I keep several past version installed just in case something comes up in the office).

image.png.e90dac97a28b27f33f036d1799822be4.png

I think I have an idea as to what might be your issue, though.  Could you send a few snips or video of the model?  We work with sheet metal almost exclusively and, occasionally, if you adjust your stock/bend Intellishapes in a way that will break the unfold they will just disappear from the model.  It seems to generally happen when the add stock (attached to a bend) is edited, and then the bend handle is pulled (see snip and video below).  The way around this for us has just been practice in building our sheet metal parts and developing a workflow that helps us avoid these kinds of issues.  Typically with bends we adjust cross-sections to give appropriate relief and transitions into/out of the bend shapes.

Please let me know if this doesn't seem to be the problem you're encountering. 

Best regards,

- Sam

image.thumb.png.36679e894ceb8532a980ecac82fe6f09.png

Hi, 

I was able to open the file and take a look at the part. You have a Trim Shape on the Top/Bottom/End that is trimming the bends. If you suppress or delete that trim, you will get the bends to return. Or you can edit the trim and tell it to keep those bends but it doesn't look like you are trimming anything. 

image.png