Loft error, and twist

WPONG

I'm trying to complete a simple loft. I watched Cary's video from another thread regarding twist which was helpful.  However, I still seem to be having difficulties... Several questions have resulted:

1.  When creating a loft from sections with unequal #'s of curve segments, (for instance, below I have the octagon, which has 8 points, whereas the obround has only 4 points), can multiple points on section1 be mapped/matched to the same point on section2?  My attempts seemed to fail.

2.  I gather that it's not possible to choose the mid-point of a segment or an arc as a match point (any matchpoints have to be actual segment end-points).  Correct?

3.  What is the best way to "create" more match points on a curve -- need to edit the section and break the segments up?

4.  The reason I couldn't get much further in my investigations is because I'm now getting the attached error (pic) when I simply try to loft between the faces of the block and slot.  I've tried a few different settings and I'm not sure what may be amiss.  Thoughts?

2021-12-13 17_03_30-IRONCAD 2019 - [Scene6_].png

loft error and twist.ics

Edited by WPONG
clarification of issue

There are probably good answers to all your four questions, but I've made a simple video with one easy way to make it. You don't have the same control over the match points, but using Associated Faces is a good way to approach it. At least very fast and easy. Also make sure you're using the ACIS kernel!

Loft.ics

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna