2 unneeded time consumers

cborer

These 2 things are waste of time:

Triball over sizebox handle. (I love to have it there but beside the handle would be nice)

Automatic activation of Sizebox handles in shape modus, it is always the wrong one and it hides other handles.

Would be good to un activate it.1882348496_Wasteoftime1.thumb.jpg.6430c70bc7cafd463b5ba4d2cf03f7f6.jpg1218690401_WasteofTime2.thumb.jpg.27ed78ce38a00d5f4cc9971a2d84672a.jpg1882348496_Wasteoftime1.thumb.jpg.6430c70bc7cafd463b5ba4d2cf03f7f6.jpg1218690401_WasteofTime2.thumb.jpg.27ed78ce38a00d5f4cc9971a2d84672a.jpg

TriBall - Right-click on it and select Hide. We understand it gets in the way sometimes but we have not found a good way to fix it in all cases. Or you can turn it off in the settings.

For the Default handle, you can turn that off or set the desired default. Right-click on the handle and select remove active handle. Then you can save that in a catalog if you like.

For the Dimension over a handle, just move your cursor over a non-active handle and it will turn off the dimension. Then you can access the handle behind. Note in 2021, it is attached to the cursor to avoid this behavior with the dimension over the handle. 

• Like 1

Carlo - The active handle is stored on the shape in the catalog. You can edit the catalog item and turn it off and save the catalog if you want to change the default behavior of the standards shape catalog for example. 

Mike - Yes we understand the issue and have tried to resolve it. There is certainly room for improvement. The position could move and block other handles or values when you have smaller size boxes. That’s why we added the hide a d the ability to turn it completely off for the users that are power users and use the F10 or space mouse. We will keep it in the list to have more development time to look at it. 

Cary

Thanks Cary

I will try.....still a strange place for the default behaviour regulation....normally I would search this in the options.

PS by the way, here Catalog/Scene Metric, Standart shape catalog....I have to open it for each new session.

And the Triball is perfect where it is! I love it! ...but not over tha handle :-) 

I played that through.

So to me it would be better to have a general "auto active handle - on" box in the options.

....to do it for every shape is an immense work.

To me the active handle is more work....I just want to deselect it for ever.

The active handle is only set on the Shapes and Starter catalog shapes. It is not a system setting and is not applied to new shapes. If you edit the shapes you use, turn it off, and save the shape and catalog, then it is done and not needed to perform again. 

We can log the request but it is not a common request from user at this time to implement versus the current behavior. Are there others in the community that are looking for this type of ER?

Hi Carlo,

Here you can download the customized Starter catalog that we use here in Sweden, where we have turned off the "active handle" setting for almost all shapes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o7fv81n4bcmi2i/Starter.icc?dl=1

It also contains a lot more other stuff, but you can of course remove all the junk that you don't want or need :)

Though I really like this active handle setting itself - as an option when it feels useful. For example, when I create a shape on a part where it makes sense that "this particular handle" is the active handle (read "the diameter handle of a hole"), because it saves me some time as I most likely (90+% of the time) want to change the dimension in that specific direction.

There are a couple of other really useful news coming in v2022 in the same "area", where you can control more settings on individual shapes, like minimum and maximum dimensions and incremental snap distances -> per Sizebox handle! Very powerful!!!

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna
  • Like 1

Dear Jonas

Very cool! Thank you so much.

Very kind.

Is it metric?

I will try it.

Sounds good but I hope it wont be more work as before, like with this automatic handle.

Iron Cad: Automatic handle switch out by default: should be in the options. Would be logical to me.

To me it are always some clicks more...

Have a nice weekend.