Letter 'M' appearing behind some of ICMECH Utils 'Export unfold'

HDEAR

Thanks Joseph,

There are no mirrored parts on this

The addition of the M would make our fabricators contact us and ask if this is some modification or revision, so I have to change the file name every time this appears. It's a bit of time-wasting when you have say 28 parts to send to the factory floor.

image.thumb.png.52ce2c9c43b256b6e04ea3cece783b59.png

Edited by HDEAR

Hi Guys,

I hope we get to the bottom of this. Harley is right, as I had a rough with my former employer and laser cut provider with this one:

If image.png.b9fd74c939a60b593073194e081b856f.png

On my end, if I use IC Mech Export unfold without a generated icd drawing, it does not have a M. But if have generated a ICD with BOM, it generates the M suffix.

regards

Edited by jolizon590016

Hi Maurizio,

Thanks for the info. It present a bit of a mess if management requires a excel sheet for the unfolded parts quote to a supplier. Reconciling it with BOM parts against the unfolded file names require copying the folder files path to excel and try to rename  and put it on the right row is time consuming and present more errors in typing to get it right. People not verse with IC find this confusing and frustrating on their end.

However in Harley's case there was no mirrored part. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Joseph

Edited by jolizon590016

Maybe the part is mirrored (about it's own axis = with the TriBall)?

For me, and in practice / IRL, something that has been mirrored is in relation to something that isn't mirrored. But in CAD you can mirror about itself without the need for a "none-mirrored" pair.

Click on the Filter icon in the top right corner of the Scene Browser:

bild.png.7caea54cf10eb562140fafbd85f55c80.png

Select to show the Mirror Part or Assembly filter.

bild.png.8e8e783eba73811f5510f2a4167bc1da.png

An object that is being mirrored "about itself" with the TriBall...

bild.png.3b8688d9a7f6dd4ea077411e61424378.png

...will now be shown with another text color and an extra "mirror icon" in the tree structure.

bild.png.5c1798d4c0a2d10ddec0b2becd4bf20e.png

Remember that this is a function of the position/orientation in the XYZ space and not a relation to another object.

In v2022 there will be a new setting for the Part Number and Description to be set differently per object, when it is being mirrored, even if it is linked (in geometry) with other objects.

• Like 1

Btw, to remove the "mirror function" of an object in the 3D Scene, select it and activate the TriBall.

Right click in the Background and select Orient TriBall to Global (Eliminate Mirroring).

bild.png.60061ea1d6d1b4b88e4b4041fede0987.png

In case the plate/model/object isn't "symmetrical with itself", you might have to reposition some of the features withing the parts. Usually this isn't a big task - use the TriBall! ;)

Edited by Jonas@Solidmakarna