CAXA-Another weird question regarding BOMS

HDEAR

Hi all,

Is there a way in CAXA BOM import to only import those parts from the scene that have a specific property filled in? If that particular property is blank for any part, those parts do not get imported in the BOM.

Say for example I only wanted the parts that had their Part Number filled in to come into the CAXA BOM?

I realise I can fix this by disabling 'Include in BOM' in the scene property browser for those parts concerned, but I am just wondering if I can get the tail to wag the dog in this instance.

Told you it was a weird question B)

Harley

Edited by HDEAR

Hi Harley,

The only BOM filtering that I'm aware of in CAXA is regarding the "Assembly Level" and "Configuration". However, within the "Fill in BOM" dialog box it is possible to "Reorder" and control the "Display" of BOM Items.

Using "Part Numbers" as an example, you could select the "Part Number" Column Header, then use "Order" or "Reverse" buttons to group all of the Empty Part Numbers together at the top or bottom. Then use the "Display" column on the far right to turn their display off. Then, select the "Item" Column Header and reorder the BOM again.

Demonstration video attached.

Malcolm

CAXA - BOM - Display of BOM Items.PNG

• 1 year later...

Hi Harley,

I have the exact same question that you asked.

I wanted deleting all Fasterners only in BOM, and failed :(

"Display option" Malcolm explained above didn't save "Unchecked state" If I update views.

Kim

Edited by Bertrand Kim

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2022 at 2:31 AM, Bertrand Kim said:

"Display option" Malcolm explained above didn't save "Unchecked state" If I update views.

Hi Kim,

I was just reviewing this old post and thought I'd question you about this statement. Perhaps I have misunderstood what you mean, but as far as I can see CAXA remembers the "Display" selections made within the BOM. See the attached video.

Also, have you considered creating a configuration in the 3D Scene where the Fasteners are all suppressed, then have the BOM in CAXA refer to that specific configuration?

Malcolm