Making parts of an assembly transparent

HDEAR

Hi all,

Silly question time again :)

How do you make one part of an assembly transparent so that you can still see its basic shape, yet see through it and also work on the parts beyond it?

Thanks

Harley

image.thumb.png.6bf47169c383298997de046915e759d1.pngHow do you make

Setting transparency in SmartPaint at the intellishape level will do the same thing and also leave the part (model) selectable.

Once Ghosted a part (model) cannot be selected in the scene, you have to un-ghost it or select it in the Scene Tree.

Image1.jpg.6c47245188817dd6ee64d90c85727b89.jpg

Edited by Mike Hatch

4 hours ago, Mike Hatch said:

Setting transparency in SmartPaint at the intellishape level will do the same thing and also leave the part (model) selectable.

Once Ghosted a part (model) cannot be selected in the scene, you have to un-ghost it or select it in the Scene Tree.

Image1.jpg.6c47245188817dd6ee64d90c85727b89.jpg

This is what I typically do. I will choose a black or dark color and make it about 40 percent transparent. I prefer doing it this way because hiding a part real quick is easy and so is unhiding it, but you also can select the object.

Thanks all,

I had used the smart paint transparency but when trying to select 'beyond' the part, I couldn't.

So, a range of tools at my disposal now - a Flat-head and Robertson screwdriver set B)

Harley