Next challenge - wrapping company logo around a hot air balloon

HDEAR

Hi all,

Well, believe or not I need to wrap our company log around an imported SW Brep file hot air balloon.

The balloon has shaped ribs all the way from top to bottom but they all seem to be in one brep file. However I seem to be able to smart paint individual panels - as you can see.

The Company log is an extrusion so I have a 2 sketch underlying that.

Can this be done and if so, how would I go about it. I tried 'Surface - wrap' but got nowhere.

If anyone can help me get this solved, once I achieve the task, I'll take you for a ride in the balloon as a reward :rolleyes:

Thanks

Harley

image.thumb.png.42cb28249c5d29511d3809cc99007c96.png

Winza HA balloon.ics

Edited by HDEAR

Well you can possibly use the Emboss tool and set the depth to something small (.1 or less). However, you have to create individual curve sets. Basically select on each face of the logo and create a 3D Curve. Then run the tool for each set picking the correct faces to project and directions. It is not exactly a wrap but more of a projection. It may work out for you however. 

image.png

Winza HA balloon.ics

• 2 years later...
On 6/4/2021 at 8:20 AM, Cary OConnor said:

Well you can possibly use the Emboss tool and set the depth to something small (.1 or less). However, you have to create individual curve sets. Basically select on each face of the logo and create a 3D Curve. Then run the tool for each set picking the correct faces to project and directions. It is not exactly a wrap but more of a projection. It may work out for you however. 

image.png

Winza HA balloon.ics 5.92 MB · 17 downloads

Hello Cary,

can you make video on how to do like you did ? I am not clear with the explanation given

Export to Blender. Use shrinkwrap. Export back to IC. Here is a quick video example of one way to do it using text, but anything can apply here. I use the two softwares together often, especially with 3D printing applications mixing a little cura and other stuff in there.

-Spencer

Edit: I got it pretty close, but it takes some mesh editing etc. so maybe a bit to take on with a software as user unfriendly as blender unless you are willing to learn quite a bit.

Edited by SSIMMONS
  • Like 2