Symmetric and centre placement of of odd number (3) parts

HDEAR

Often I have 3 parts ( A ) to place symmetrically along another part (B). One of those parts will obviously be in the middle, but often I want the outside parts to be a set distance in from the end.

Using tribal and link, that would normally mean placing the first part (A) in the centre ( of B ), getting the length of (B) and then calculating how far the 'linked parts' would be from the original part B and using 'Repeat in reverse direction'.

However I have found it much quicker to do it this way ( refer video and sorry about 'the shakes' ). Assume you have the triball already set to the centre of part B

1) Position part A in the distance yo require from the end of part B.

2) Space bar and reposition triball to 'Edge' of part B

3) Mirror link ( or copy )

4) Right click Triball and Using the Create multiple copies select Links ( or copies ) to Point/Centre, point to the centre ( or middle of an edge ) of the part you have already linked ( or copied ) and "Hey presto", the third Part A will end up in the centre of Part B

image.png.9c6aef24a4125809e5ed530ee7280430.png

In my video I showed that it was in the centre by using the tribal to measure from one end ( 622 mm ) knowing part B was 1244mm

I realise this Tip is not revoluntionary news that could influence the rotational axis of the earth or anything dramatic like that, but it is a nice little time saver and easy to use compared to some other methods, and you may find it useful. Perhaps you already know this method, but someone else might not :)

Harley

Edited by HDEAR
  • Like 1