Video capture for 4K monitors

rsaucier

2 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

OBS Studio.

https://obsproject.com

Malcolm

This is what I have used for years. It is amazing for streaming (gaming) or just doing work and recording videos. Great suggestion. 

@rsaucier @Malcolm Crowe I also use OBS, takes a small amount of setup at the beginning but works really great, renders in real-time so there's no waiting for a video, and seems to work well with alternate microphones. Every video I've done on the Academy was done in OBS. I've recorded at both 4K and at 2560 which is what most videos are. With the right settings, the video file sizes are also much better than Camtasia which I used in the past.

Keep in mind recording at 4k is going to take up a ton of hard drive space, and probably be working your computer hard enough to slow down IronCAD operations if working on complex models.

Go to Settings > Output and change your recording format to Mp4 (in my opinion) for better compatibility.

2 hours ago, rsaucier said:

Thank you everyone for the feedback.  Ill check these out. :)

RJ, If you end up sticking with OBS I can send you the keyboard and mouse overlay files I use and a short video on how to set it up (takes maybe 4 minutes or so).

- Spencer