Request: Reordering of Design Variations

Malcolm Crowe

Currently when a new Design Variation is added, it appears after any existing Design Variations. I would appreciate the ability to change the position of Design Variations, so that they appear in the desired order. At the moment I'm needing to delete existing Design Variations to recreate them in the new desired order.

This request is that users have the ability to reorder Design Variations, whether it be using arrows or by dragging the tab to a new position (as with spreadsheets).

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Malcolm,

I appreciate this is very frustrating as I know the experience very well my self, and it somewhat discourages you from adding too many design variations on complex models.

I have an ER to add this capability already submitted and it also includes improving the design variation options and UI, and fixing a few small bugs which are in there. ID 114327.

• Malcolm Crowe changed the title to Request: Reordering of Design Variations
  • 1 month later...

Has there been a resolution to this ?  I've just tried with 2023 and I'm unable to drag the tabs around.

What would also be good if you could export the Design Variation table information to excel and also re-import it. Then you'd have all the power of excel in creating new variations with their dimensions.

Edited by Nickul

Hi Nickul,

I don't know about the status of reordering, but I also have a request in place regarding Excel importing and exporting. Ticket 12449. I've asked that this behaves in a similar way to the import and export function of the new "Custom Structured Frames", as I would like to be able to use the same Sketches and Size Data (Excel Spreadsheet) for creating both Structured Frames and regular Innovative and Structured Parts.

Malcolm