Move not working in ICS 2D Sketch

HDEAR

Good Morning Harley,

I seem to remember this happening to me as well. If I remember correctly if you move copy the part and delete the original it will work. Not the most elegant way to solve it, but I recall doing it a few times.

-Spencer

On 10/26/2020 at 11:48 PM, HDEAR said:

Hi all,

I had this problem ( move not working ) last year and  there was a hot fix to sort it out. That hot fix of course doesn't work for IC2020.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Harley

Never mind, I finally had time to take a look and not even the copy is working. Definitely a Bug. Can not copy, can not move.

-Spencer

Instead of using the Move command, just select and move the selected lines directly. This was actually the only option until v10 when the current Move command was introduced.

If you drag with the left mouse button there are no questions asked, but when you drag with the right mouse button you'll be presented with Move/Copy options (as usual in IC). The knee point closest to the mouse cursor will be the "origin" of the moved selection (I noticed now afterwards that the circle actually "stole" the origin from the bottom left corner in the video - the mouse cursor was maybe "close enough"). But make sure you don't drag the knee point! It will distort your shape.

Tips'n'Tricks:

Hold down the [Ctrl] key to create a copy directly (no questions asked) with Left mouse button. This is MS Windows standard and works everywhere with your selection that is moved.

Hold down the [Alt] key to lock the Horizontal/Vertical direction.

• Like 1