Attaching Hollow Intellishapes

Malcolm Crowe

When an Intellishape is dropped onto a "Hollow" Intellishape (where the Anchor of the dropped Intellishape becomes located in the empty space of the Hollow Intellishape), then the 2 shapes don't become attached. That is, if the attachment face of the original Intellishape moves then the second shape doesn't follow (because it's Anchor is in empty space).

Attached is a video where I am trying to attach a "Bend" Intellishape to a "Straight" Intellishape. If the length of the "Straight" shape is then changed, then the "Bend" shape doesn't follow (because it isn't attached). The application being the assembly of a bent pipe using various pipe intellishapes.

This isn't shown in the video, but if I move the Anchor of the Intellishapes to a point where they are not in empty space (such as on the outside diameter), then the Intellishapes attach as desired. However, for positioning purposes it is better to have the Anchor in the center of the shape.

I know how to achieve what I want for "Structured Parts", but can we attached Hollow Intellishapes within Innovative Parts?

Malcolm

Attaching Hollow Intellishapes.PNG

It's possible to achieve what I'm after by applying a "Coincident Constraint" between the Intellishapes (as per the attached video), but I'd prefer another way if possible, without having to apply constraints afterwards.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe