Mechanical - Face to DXF - Saves in Wrong Location

Malcolm Crowe

When I use IRONCAD Mechanical's "Face to DXF" the resulting DXF is saved in a different folder location to what was selected in the save Dialog Box.

Whereas it was supposed to save it in the project folder, instead it saves it in the User/AppData/Roaming/...... folder shown in the attached image.

Any suggestions?

Malcolm

IRONCAD 2020 PU1 Mechanical - Face to DXF Saves in Wrong Location.PNG

Hi Malcolm,
Check under your Windows Start menu for the IPROSettings tool. There you have all the settings for library folders etc. I think the path for export was affected by an IronCAD update recently, but I think it was fixed with a newer release of IronCAD Mechanical.

The Face to DXF settings and export path are controlled under the tab Utils.

bild.png.b353ac62cea22a273d4b25102ddc0318.png

Thanks Kevin. The updated DLL fixed the problem.

Thanks Jonas regarding the IPROSettings. We don't use the Mechanical Add-In, so I'm very much a novice regarding what it can do and where to find things. I'd tried to find the settings in the Ribbon and Catalogs, but it never occurred to me to look in the Windows Start Menu.

Malcolm

Thanks for posting that Malcolm, I had exactly the same problem on Friday. I don't use face to dxf often so it was a while since I used it. Spent a bit of time hunting for that dxf it produced.

Thanks Kevin for the dll fix.

Harley