Permanent font and dimensions style change

MB-Furniture

Hello everyone,

Everytime I open a CAXA draft I change the dimension settings manually. I've looked into changing it permanently across the whole of IronCAD, but it seems like this is impossible.

Today I wanted to change the general text style of normal text and dimensions, I found the font I was looking for and changed the "Standard" style. When opening a new CAXA draft it just uses the old font again.

Could someone please explain how I can change settings in IronCAD, and it changes it for the entire program for the rest of existence?

Greetings,

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

Within CAXA all "Style" information is saved with the drawing file itself (not the System Options). By default CAXA opens new drawings using its default "Blank.tpl" template which has preset "Styles". When you make "Style" changes, these are saved in that open document only (this isn't unique to CAXA). What you need to do is either modified the existing "Templates" or create new "Templates"; and these Templates need to include the "Styles" that you want in all of your drawings.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm Crowe
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Malcolm Crowe said:

Hi Martijn,

Within CAXA all "Style" information is saved with the drawing file itself (not the System Options). By default CAXA opens new drawings using its default "Blank.tpl" template which has preset "Styles". When you make "Style" changes, these are saved in that open document only (this isn't unique to CAXA). What you need to do is either modified the existing "Templates" or create new "Templates"; and these Templates need to include the "Styles" that you want in all of your drawings.

Malcolm

Thank you Malcom,

I knew that when opening a file and chaging the dimensions style it would only save it for that document. But... I found settings elsewhere that were named "Standard". This made me think that these were settings that it then would use as the standard.

Thanks for your suggestion about making a template. I will look into how to do it, and see if this helps.

Greetings,

Martijn