Looking for Global Text size parameters.

RobH2

It's easy to see who is learning new software when they keep popping up asking newbie questions, isn't it? But, I am searching hard before I post, I promise. 

I'm learning 2d drawing. When I use the 'Sketch' tool in an 'icd' document, to say, draw a rectangle, dimensions for length and angle automatically show up as I draw. However, they are really tiny, about 2mm tall and unreadable. If I zoom in, they don't get larger. That's one issue. 

The other issue is I can't find how to globally change the height of text in dimensions that I place. I have to go in and manually adjust every one separately. 

So:

1. Is there a parameter somewhere to make the automatic drawing measurements, larger or have them get larger with zooming?

2. Where do I find the parameter to 'globally' set the dimension font size for dimensions I create with the 'Annotate' tools?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar problem in 2020. My client sent me a DXF which I imported. The text height is fine in his drawing but if I add a dimension, the text height is about 1/10th the size of his. I'd like them to all be the same. 

The closest menu I can find to the video above is 'Style Manager.' If I look at the 'Properties' panel on the left and see that the 'Dimension Style' is 'Standard' I then open the 'Style Manager' and find 'Standard' under 'Dimstyle.' If I click on 'Standard' and go to the 'Text' tab, I can change the 'Text Height' field under 'Text Appearance.' I hit apply and the dimensions that were on the drawing I imported from the client all change to adapt to that size. But now, if I go to add my own dimensions, my text height is very tiny and unreadable. It does not respect the size change I just made. 

Apparently there is another place I need to make the global change and I can't find it.