wrap logo onto surface

WPONG

I have a customer who wishes to place a logo onto a surface of of a product I'm designing for them, and render it.  My plan was to wrap the logo onto the surface, split the surface at the wrapped curve, change colors, and render.  So a couple questions come from this
1.  Is there a recommended file format (from the graphics world) that works well for such purposes?  Any recommendations on workflow to get a logo converted to a wrappable ironcad curve? 

2.  I can "project" my curves onto my surfaces since curvature of the surfaces is not *too* tight.  However, since the anticipated process is a screen-print or a vinyl label, a 'wrap' would be most realistic.  I've been able to wrap onto a cylindrical surface (even non-circular cylindrical surface -- lofted surface with curvature in only one direction).  Are there plans to allow wrapping onto compound-curvature as well?

--Will

Good Day Will,

I can give you some advice, but i'm not sure how much you will already know.

1) Wavefront files (.OBJ) are very easy to work with in certain programs (I render all my IC files in Blender through exported .OBJ format). The only time this is not easy to work with is if the normals flip and create a weird shading effect which required an additional step). As far as the workflow for wrapping the logo, my first thought was wrap emboss and use the wrapped cross section, but with a little more thought i think a curved stock would work well since you can then unfold the geometry to gain a flat image of the decal. 

any further advice would be pure speculation, but i hope this helps a little, Thanks.

-Spencer