use Configuration name as a title

Guest Richard

Guest Richard

Im trying to figure out how to use a configuration name as drawing title  - assigning the text box property as  something along the lines   $PRPDrawing:"IC-configuration" makes sense but does not work. I have tried searching for a solution but drew a blank so apologies if this is a common issue and im asking for the umteenth time

Thanks

Hi Richard,

Currently this is not possible. I think the issue would be which configuration name to set? For example: Should it be the first view created on the sheet or using the specified part in the sheet setup. It gets a bit tricky with sheets that have multiple configuration such as sheet metal drawings where you may have a flat and a folded which uses two configurations. 

I think I understand you need for this. Would it be more common to have a different part name for the configurations or would you really like to call out the configuration name?

Cary

This can be done with the IC Mechanical / IronPRO XT functions for textboxes. You can show/transfer quite many values which are not supported within the ICD itself (yet).

Have a look under the Add-Ins ribbon tab, in case you've installed the IC Mechanical tools.

IPRO_SetTitleBlockField.png.caa8969d708cc5eebfdeacc3f48a597e.png

IPRO_SetTitleBlockField-Configuration.png.82533a7b731273052de66ca4e24a206c.png

• Like 1

This is an interesting question. Within the CAXA forum I have posted the following solution, which might help you achieve what you want. You might be able to achieve a similar result with ICD as well (I don't use ICD so haven't tried).

https://community.ironcad.com/index.php?/topic/13419-tip-linking-configuration-names-to-title-blocks/

Malcolm