StefanL38

Hello,

I'm wokring as a teacher at a german "Berufsschule". That's a kind of school where apprentices learn their more  theoretical part of their job.

The jobs are steel construction,     Heating sanitary climate    industrial mechanics and some kind of a high-school with a focus on the professional field of milling, lathing etc.

In this classes I want the students to introduce to IronCAD. So these are students that have never worked with a CAD-software before. (Just PC-gaming ;-)  )

I have started to create introductional learning material which I will like to share if it has reached a development that's worth it.

Of course I have searched on the internet about what is already there. Quite some useful introductional videos on youtube. But they don't cover it all.

So if you happen to know some online-ressources or youtube-videos post a link.

best regards  

Stefan 

• Like 1

Great!! Here are the links for training resources we have open:

There is some ciriculum based are K6-8 grade STEM courses if you are interested (look at grade 7 and 8) - https://ampitup.gatech.edu/curricula/stem-id

It will be great to see the final results you end up with!

Best Regards,

Cary

Stefan,

Since you mentioned a background in PC Gaming it may be worth your time to have them use IronCAD to model things and export them to blender (.obj files work well) which is used primarily for video game design, rendering, animation, etc. I found when i started modeling professionally in IronCAD i was amazed at the versatility from 3D printing, CNC use, animation for advertisement of products, FEA, and many other useful things in the realm of engineering and business in general. This could be a good way to bridge the world of video games and mechanical design ideas. Blender is a free, open source, software that is fairly easy to use with a little practice. IronCAD modeling is much faster than any i have seen so designing and modeling shouldn't be a problem with a little practice and time. Soon you will want to know what else to do with your interesting ideas and designs and short animated video clips are a good way to do that. We have even modeled particle flow through machines to animate the use and applications of them with direct IronCAD exported models. Good Luck!

P.S.- Also check out the Animation tools in IronCAD "Visualization" because it works very well for animating parts coming together for assemblies and other things like that and is really quick and intuitive to use. I also would definitely get some programmable mice with maybe about 4 to 12 programmable buttons, this will help a whole lot with modeling, Thanks. 

-Spencer

Edited by SSIMMONS
Additional Information
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hey Stefan!

In case you are not aware, there is also the IronCAD Academy here: www.ironcad.academy
There are currently over 500 tutorials on there, in a few different languages, including some in German.

There's also the YouTube channel of IronCAD4D (German IronCAD Partner) here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCColE0lwNCOgDC_wtpM-qsg

If you have suggestions on improvements to the IronCAD Academy let me know!