Sleeve over Tube issue

EKLASKIN

I am trying to place a sleeve over a tube/pipe. The sleeve has an I.D. which is wider than the tube/pipe. Also, when the sleeve was created, i made sure to create it above the existing tube/pipe, then lower into position, using the Tri-ball. Unfortunately, as i lower the sleeve into position, the tube/pipe is either hidden, or gets chopped down. Do I have an interaction setting incorrectly set? Or, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? TIA

Underside showing Sleeve chopping Tube-Pipe.JPG

Top view of sleeve chopping Tube-Pipe.JPG

Side view of Sleeve lowered into Position.JPG

Original Tube-Pipe in Yellow -- New height with sleeve in Opaque.JPG

If you provide the file it will be easier to give an answer, but it seems like everything is under the same part (all of the intellishape features). So it looks like when the cylindrical block hole (that created the visuals of a hollow pipe or sleeve) is recognizing the other geometry as that same part and therefore cutting it away as you drop the sleeve on. Rebuild the piece you are dropping on and right click drag the shape into the scene and select "drop as part" if you are prompted. If not, just make sure it appears as a different entity in your design tree. The method you used should work because the part was dropped above and not on any other part, but i'm not sure how you could have only one part in this case unless a boolean or other modification feature was used after. 

• Like 1