Faceting -- real or display?

WPONG

I've generated a 'gasket' by extracting the face of a lofted shape which was smooth and using that face to trim this part. The resulting edge of the gasket looks facted, and i'm guessing it's a display thing, but I'd like to confirm. I suspect there is an obvious setting I just haven't found...

Is there a setting in options to reduce any faceting display effects? Model and Pic attached (3 red lines represent the "facets" I'm seeing)

--Will

faceting_190317a.png

Gasket_faceting_190317a.ics

Keep in mind the higher facet setting can affect regeneration performance. Exporting to a solid format or creating the precise drawing views do not depend on the facet setting so it is not a requirement. If you want a better visual display and draft drawing, then setting the facet count higher will achieve that.

Cary

Jolizon --

Exactly what I needed. Didn't realize that I could set the part-level rendering. Thanks much.

Cary --

And that's the exact confirmation I was hoping for. I'm fine with a 'coarser' display most of the time, and it's good to hear that the actual part geometry is not affected.

--Will