Drag and drop "highlight drop points" in v19?

WPONG

Greetings --

First post here, and I'm relatively new to IC so feel free to redirect me if I've missed posts addressing my questions (perhaps due to incorrect search terminology). I've tried to maintain a steady intake of help-topics and some videos, but alas, so much to learn.

First question: I was running v18 for a time, and now I'm trying to migrate to v19. In v18, when dropping a new shape onto an existing (say dragging a cylinder onto a previously dropped cylinder), the centerpoint of the existing shape face would highlight green when I hovered in the vicinity, and I could release the new shape there, knowing it would snap to that location.

In v19, when I hover and drop over the center of the end of a cylinder (for instance), the snapping appears to still work, but the centerpoint *disappears* rather than turning bold-green. A bit disconcerting. Perhaps there is a setting I'm missing?

--Will

Hi Will,

Welcome here!

CylinderSnap.png

This is what doesn't work? If so, it sounds really strange. It might be a graphical issue.

Close all open files go to the Options:

Options.png

There, change to another Rendering Engine and open a scene and see what happens.

OptionsRendering.png

Close the scene before you change to another setting.

I guess you had v2018 on the same computer? Which graphics card do you have?

Thanks Jonas --

I guess you had v2018 on the same computer? Which graphics card do you have?

48579[/snapback]

(First to confirm what you correctly surmised -- I speak of v2018 and v2019, not "v18" and "v19" as I incorrectly mentioned)

Yes, I'm running v2018 and v2019 on the same machine. My graphics card is an Nvidia Quadro 1000M.

This evening (away from machine at the moment), I'll tweak the settings you mention and report back.

--Will

Thanks Jonas -- changing the driver to DirectX11 did the trick! The centerpoints appear to consistently highlight now!

For what it's worth, I was running OpenGL. The problem was frequent but not predictable. In my brief experimentation, it seemed worse with cylinders, and was (perhaps) dependent on the orientation of the cylinder.

Fixed now, however. Thanks again!

--Will