Sheetmetal bend reliefs - left or right choice

HDEAR

I'm trying to work out the rhyme or reason on which side the bend corner reliefs refer to when making them. So far it's pretty much a 50/50 raffle on which side I pick turning out to be the side I require the corner relief to end up on.

Is it;

the left/right viewed down on the flat stock BEFORE making the bend, or

the left/right viewed from inside the bend ( looking away form the stock ) once it's made, or

the left/right viewed from outside of the bend ( looking toward the stock ) once it's made?

I am guessing it's something simple I'm missing or maybe some instruction I have not read.

I've labelled the attachment to aid explanation.

Thanks and cheers

Bend_sides.JPG

Edited by HDEAR

This has always been a tricky one. Kind of wish IronCAD would enhance both corner reliefs and press bend reliefs. Have you seen this video. It is very interesting and I just learned about this ability a few months ago although it is a little tricky to learn. I am also attaching a short video showing how to quickly add a relief without using the dialogue box. I hope these help you.

RJ

BendRelief.mp4

It has been proposed that we use colors, perhaps applied to the handles, to distinguish between the "right" or "left" side of the bend, or the "above" or "below" width? We would use similar color coding to tie the region of the sheet metal feature with the specific property being controlled by a property in the property page.

Does that seem reasonable?

• 4 weeks later...