Weird export to PDF behavior

bmckelvie

When i try to export a drawing (In ironcad draw) to pdf i get some odd behavior.

It strips away many of the parts in the drawing, but leaves the bom balloons.

THe exported PDF is missing the parts, and the icd file is missing them too. If i do a view update they come back but my PDF is unusable.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

before_export.JPG

after_export.JPG

As we do not use the inbuilt pdf export this is an alternative.

We use a free external pdf utility (PDF creator) output as 'File-print' rather than 'rightclick-export-pdf'. As its set up as a printer selection it works with all of our other apps as well.

http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator - Its licensed for work and home usage, just watch out at installation and at update time for the confusing tick boxes trying the get you to load PDF Architect, a cost item.

Support should have a look at this. I would say that the PDF export from the ICD is working very well in general nowadays. Maybe you should try changing from Draft Mode to Precise Mode on the view properties and see what happens.

Here are a couple of PDF creators that I have used before (Win 10 now finally has a built in PDF printer and it actually works! cool.gif )

CutePDF, small and reliable.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Bulllzip, this one can be modified for batch print mode, without any questions during export = a fast way to create PDF files of all the ICD files in your project.

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

When i try to export a drawing (In ironcad draw) to pdf i get some odd behavior.

It strips away many of the parts in the drawing, but leaves the bom balloons.

THe exported PDF is missing the parts, and the icd file is missing them too. If i do a view update they come back but my PDF is unusable.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

47174[/snapback]

Yes, I have just learned my lesson the hard way to avoid using IC Export. About an hour's work down the gurgler as once I did the export, none of the views or the backing drawing sheet template shows up. I get just a white sheet.

Cute pdf printer has its limitations especially when shaded rendering is used and the file gets big. I am looking forward to my new laptop and Windows 10 smile.gif