Caxa title block auto fill

bmckelvie

I am having a really hard time getting the CAXA title blocks to autofill.

I followed this video

except instead of making a new title block I am just adding a few new tags to the existing default title block. (The part properties User name, Drawing Number, and Description specifically)

The problem is only the drawing number will show up everything else does not work.

Any Ideas on how to make it work?

Thanks, your instructions are well done and helpful, but unfortunately they left me with the exact same problem I had before.

I did finally figured out that the names in the 3d model (User Name, Description, and Part Number) do not relate to the same names in attributes. the attribute names that I had to use were Name, Remark, and Drawing No.) I have no idea how you are supposed to know this, especially as IronCads own video on the subject uses different names for them. I found them by going through Caxa/tools/options/system/matching rules and reading all of the preset matching rules and guessing what they actually did.

The only problem I have left with the matching is any custom property I add will not show up, even after setting it in 3d properties, adding it as an attribute in the template, and adding the matching rule in Caxa options.

I agree that the relation of attributes and matching names was not documented in CAXA help. I do hope others will contribute to this as it is really a stumbling block to the ease of use of IRONCAD itself.

On Draft discussion, follow Malcolm's post as it provides insights on the workings of Draft.

Edited by jolizon590016

This previous discussion may help. After adding your custom property in the 3D model update the BOM within CAXA to check the spelling of the "Property Name". You need this to use for "Matching" with your "Attribute" Name within CAXA's options.

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...ic=10422&hl=bom

Malcolm

• 5 years later...
On 10/19/2015 at 10:33 PM, Malcolm Crowe said:

This previous discussion may help. After adding your custom property in the 3D model update the BOM within CAXA to check the spelling of the "Property Name". You need this to use for "Matching" with your "Attribute" Name within CAXA's options.

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...ic=10422&hl=bom

Malcolm

Hi @Malcolm Crowe

Is there any new links to help me with this subject.

I followed the steps in @bmckelvie's video, but it still does not pull the information from the model.

I also see these link that were posted doesn't work.

The "Set Matching Rules" within Options/System is where you can "Match" the General and Custom Properties from the 3D Scene with "Attributes" within the CAXA 2D Drawing. The "Attributes" listed here in the left column relate to both the BOM and Title Block; and the column on the right (Match Names) lists the Property Names from the 3D Scene.

Some important points to note:

1. After editing the "Match Name" of an Attribute, the "Save" button must be clicked for it to take affect. If this button isn't available, go back into the "Attribute Name" (by double-clicking) and make a small change to the name and click OK. Then go back into the same "Attribute Name" and change it back again. The "Save" button will now be available to click.

2. The "Attributes" in the Title Block will only update when:

a. A new Generated View is inserted into the CAXA drawing.

b. The 3D scene is "Regenerated" and then "Saved". On returning to CAXA the drawing will update (including the Title Block).

3. The Title Block values will be extracted from the 3D Scene of the last inserted Generated View. This is important to be aware of when sheets have Views referencing different 3D Scenes.

Hopefully the attached video and image help.

Malcolm

CAXA - Title Block - Set Matching Rule.PNG

I'm unable to view your video. See attached image of message.

1. What is the name of the Attribute in the Title Block?

2. What is the name of the Property in the 3D Scene that you want to access?

(Make sure that there is a value entered in that Property in the 3D Scene.)

3). What have you entered into "Set Matching Rule"? Can you send a screen shot?

4). Has the Title Block been saved as a CAXA Title Block, as opposed to a normal DWG Block?

(Normal DWG Blocks, as well as CAXA Frames and Paratables can't access 3D Scene Properties via the Set Matching Rules)

Be sure to spell everything exactly (uppercase, lowercase, spaces etc...)

Malcolm

TechSmith Screencast.PNG

Edited by Malcolm Crowe

Malcolm sorry about that.

1.     What is the name of the Attribute in the Title Block?

These are the attributes:

image.png.416261abd532b7f418828c7f90dcc98d.png 

2.     What is the name of the Property in the 3D Scene that you want to access?

I want the names mentioned above.

(Make sure that there is a value entered in that Property in the 3D Scene.)

Yes properties are filled in.

image.png.e6a88225477a1b60c641d318cafc70d8.png 

3). What have you entered into "Set Matching Rule"? Can you send a screen shot?

image.png.ce54b2e4bfb4b63bb6d512fa82da5d44.png 

image.png.5837b73ab5d9227f59a26ba5a45645a5.png

4). Has the Title Block been saved as a CAXA Title Block, as opposed to a normal DWG Block?

I defined title block. Is this correct?

image.png.88aad7e0408430c0909c62b2e7557d87.png

Be sure to spell everything exactly (uppercase, lowercase, spaces etc...)

I copied and pasted all my names, so they are exactly the same.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

Edited by hEINSTEIN
Duplicate images

Thanks for the answers and images. Regarding question 2 above, "the names of the General Properties from the 3D Scene" may need some checking and adjustment. For example, "User Name" is not correct (although it makes perfect sense why you used it). The correct property name for "User Name" is in fact "PartName".

Attached is a video demonstrating how to use the "Insert 3D BOM" in CAXA to determine what General and Custom Properties are available from the 3D Scene. Note that if there are no values in these properties then CAXA will not list them. This is demonstrated in the video.

While you check your Property Names I'm going to test your Title Block Attribute Names.

Malcolm

CAXA - General Properties from 3D Scene.png

CAXA - General and Custom Properties from 3D Scene.png

I've checked the Attribute Names (Part Number and User Name) that you are wanting to use in your Title Block and they work fine. See the attached video.

Something else to be aware of, is that when defining Block Attributes, it is possible to define the Attribute as being "Visible" or "Invisible". This is controlled by the Mode "Unobvious". Ensure that this Mode is unchecked, otherwise it won't display the values of the Attribute. This is demonstrated in the video also.

If you still can't get things to work, attach your test Scene and Title Block and I'll take a look.

Malcolm

CAXA - Attribute Definition - Mode - Unobvious.PNG