Formula mistake in getting started guide

HDEAR

Being a newbie, I was plodding my way through the "Getting started guide". I had made a few mistakes in my progress and when I went back on them, they were just simple things I had got wrong or missed.

However, creating the gears for the flywheel exercise had me stumped when on page 215, instruction 4.14.4 advised entering a formula for the expression next to 'Angle' as (360/Number)*radnumber.

Nothing worked and I got real weird results.

However after 1 hr continuous swearing after many re-draws, I realised the formula was in fact incorrect. It should have read "(360/Number)/radnumber" in other words division rather than multiplication! rolleyes.gif

Edited by HDEAR

Welcome newbie. I have been using IRONCAD since 2011. My previous CAD experience being with AUTOCAD and SOLIDWORKS. Occasionally I still need to work in SOLIDWORKS and GEOMAGIC DESIGN (ALIBRE) for some customer projects. On those occasions I really miss not working in IRONCAD.

While I was able to immediately start producing 3D models based on my experience in other CAD software, it has taken me time to understand and work within the capabilities and limitations of IRONCAD. So some changes in my methodology have been required.

Are you new to 3D CAD software, or do you have experience with others?

Welcome newbie.  I have been using IRONCAD since 2011.  My previous CAD experience being with AUTOCAD and SOLIDWORKS.  Occasionally I still need to work in SOLIDWORKS and GEOMAGIC DESIGN (ALIBRE) for some customer projects.  On those occasions I really miss not working in IRONCAD.

While I was able to immediately start producing 3D models based on my experience in other CAD software, it has taken me time to understand and work within the capabilities and limitations of IRONCAD.  So some changes in my methodology have been required.

Are you new to 3D CAD software, or do you have experience with others?

38353[/snapback]

I'm new to 3d cad apart from some short but fruitful experience with sketchup and my son trying to get me to go with solidworks.

Edited by HDEAR