2D Text in Sketch

Karen Bond

In the Whats New in Ironcad 2013, I followed the video clip for the 2D Text in Sketch feature, and found that the text would not extrude as shown.

I did find that if the text was converted to curves, using the break up command (right mouse button menu), it did then extrude, but you lose the ability to edit the text. Is this a bug or intended?

Also, the text height value does not seem to correspond to the overall height of the text characters, for example, a capital "I" is not 10mm high when 10 is entered when using metric units.

Has anyone else found any issues when using this new feature please?

Thanks for your replies. I have since found out that it does work fine on my work computer (Windows 7 Professional). However, it is my home computer that I have the problem on which has Vista operating system (I know it is not supported, but up to now it has worked fine).

FYI, I have had some success with my home machine by altering the text height when the problem occurs, as long as the height isn't fixed with the font size.

I didn't know if this might be something that the text height bug might be influencing.

I have attached a video clip to show how I have managed to extrude the text without breaking it up into curves on my home machine.

Thanks again.

2d_Text_Ext.mp4

In the Whats New in Ironcad 2013, I followed the video clip for the 2D Text in Sketch feature, and found that the text would not extrude as shown.

I did find that if the text was converted to curves, using the break up command (right mouse button menu), it did then extrude, but you lose the ability to edit the text.  Is this a bug or intended?

Also, the text height value does not seem to correspond to the overall height of the text characters, for example, a capital "I" is not 10mm high when 10 is entered when using metric units.

Has anyone else found any issues when using this new feature please?

36088[/snapback]

Karen,

There are a few buggy things about this feature, but it actually works pretty well if you work around the issues.

Often when the CAPS lock is on, some letters will not appear in the text field when you type.

Turn off the CAPS LOCK and use the shift key to get capital letters.

If you are changing text, pick at the end of the text and back space to delete.

I have reported these issues previously.

Troy