Vane pump

Ok Ironcad dudes, I want the vanes to track the inside of the chamber as the pump rotor assembly rotates as an animation.

I have tried radial distance and cam follower constraints, the inside surface is all tangentially constrained. ?Mechanism mode is mysterious and has no effect I can see.

Knock yourselves out!

(I have just thought of linking vane external profiles to suppressed external shape profiles - yeah but that would be cheating..)

VanePump2.ics

tangent breaks on inner circle can make the problem

try this..... an idea...

vanepump.mp4

34624[/snapback]

Nice job, did I understand you made a surface inside that the tangent constraint is working against? The other thing I had not seen before is the allignment of the tangent constraint.

smile.gif

Nice job, did I understand you made a surface inside that the tangent constraint is working against? 

34626[/snapback]

No. If you want to have tangent constraint to work for `inner circle` you need to have `clean` surface. The problem is in those tangent connection. I assume that this is a circle, so to do quickly, I have just delete those extra faces.

Your `inner circle` is made of 4 arc. No matter they are tangent, 3D constraint will not work. It should excl.gif but...... mad.gif On a Part level, Position constraint will not see those line as smoothly connected. THIS PROBABLY SHOULD BE ADDRESSED AS BUG

So if you need to have some tangent lines try to draw them by Bspline.... use your existing arcs outline as construction line help....

Edited by dprodanic

Knock yourselves out!

(I have just thought of linking vane external profiles to suppressed external shape profiles - yeah but that would be cheating..)

34623[/snapback]

I`m Knocking myself out with this biggrin.gif !

If you insist on your profile with 4 arcs, then one of solution would be this one...

VanePump2_Ghost.mp4

-there is a `Ghost part` made from Project Constraint 3D geometry for Cam_path...

note:

- all parts should be the same kernel

VanePump2_Ghost.ics

- file is BETA2013#2

P.S. Mechanism mode works fine too... wink.gif

Edited by dprodanic