linked holes

dhovatter

In the attached file I created 2 disks with holes.

The disk with small holes I dropped a hole on center and then moved it out from center and then using tri-ball I repositioned the anchor to center of big disk. I took tri-ball and rotated hole 7 times at 45°. When you select a hole and edit size box diameter the hole pattern radius changes. If you increase the hole size the hole pattern radius gets bigger. If you reduce the hole diameter the pattern radius gets smaller. If you edit the cross section of hole the hole pattern radius stays the same.

The disk with the large holes I created the disk and dropped a hole on center and moved it out 4” with Tri-Ball. I then moved the tri ball to center of big radius, leaving hole anchor on center of hole. When you change the Hole diameter the hole pattern radius stays the same.

My question, Is this the proper behavior?

Dallas

Yes. If you look at the Sizebox properties of the hole (right-click, properties, sizebox), the resizing behavior is set to size about the anchor. So when the anchor is in the middle of the part and not the hole, you get that odd sizing. Change the resizing behavior to about sizebox center and it will work as you wish it to behave.

Cary