License trouble! HELP!

B. Ludin

Last evening, IC2011-PU1-64 crashed on me and when I launched it again, IC said it couldn't obtain a license. Since then, I've tried everything I can think of (except a clean system reinstall), including running CCleaner, Registry Mechanic, System Restore, un- and reinstalling the license and IC (plus cleaning out directories and common registry location by hand). All accompanied by numerous system restarts, of course. No luck! The license management tool seems to work fine and reports no problems whatsoever.

If anybody out there has another idea, I'd be so grateful!!

Beat

Addendum:

OK, I got it to run again. I've installed a 2 week old registry backup. Not exactly according to the book but it did the job. I lost a lot of settings and had to reinstall a number of programs afterwards (incl. IC), but for the moment, my machine is functional. If there is a safer way to solve that problem, I'd still be keen on knowing it, just in case a face the same situation again.

Edited by B. Ludin

Hi Beat,

IC crashed on me a few days ago (was testing some beta stuff) and when I tried to start it again I got the "exiting, could not obtain a license" message. But I waited a few minutes and tried again and then it worked!

So if you get this problem, try waiting a little while and start it again. It might actually work!

I haven't been in IronCAD for a couple of weeks. I tried to get in tonight and it told me it couldn't find a license. I tried three times. Then I got into this thread. I remember it coming through on my e-mail notification (at work). I was hoping there was a solution. I guess I'll try the "wait and re-try approach".

Since there is online activation, shouldn't we be able to reactivate? Doesn't the server keep the identification information for the computer the software was originally activated on? If you try to reactivate on the same computer, the server should allow it. I'll go try the activation wizard again.

Last evening, IC2011-PU1-64 crashed on me and when I launched it again, IC said it couldn't obtain a license. Since then, I've tried everything I can think of (except a clean system reinstall), including running CCleaner, Registry Mechanic, System Restore, un- and reinstalling the license and IC (plus cleaning out directories and common registry location by hand). All accompanied by numerous system restarts, of course. No luck! The license management tool seems to work fine and reports no problems whatsoever.

If anybody out there has another idea, I'd be so grateful!!

Beat

Addendum:

OK, I got it to run again. I've installed a 2 week old registry backup. Not exactly according to the book but it did the job. I lost a lot of settings and had to reinstall a number of programs afterwards (incl. IC), but for the moment, my machine is functional. If there is a safer way to solve that problem, I'd still be keen on knowing it, just in case a face the same situation again.

31276[/snapback]