Advanced Rendering

I am trying to get the advanced rendering system down and am having some issues. I have downloaded some great hdri images for 3d background and have been using global illumination so far. I have been doing screensized renderings at a decent speed but I have 2 issues.

- I can not get a rendering bigger then the "screen size" to come out without some strange artifacting in it, like tiny red dots.

- trying to generate a true alpha mask as it was done in Legacy Rendering. i have selected remove background options and selected .tiff as output but it just gives me the black background.

This is my first real swing at using the advanced rendering since the (recently deceased) Legacy was plenty for what i do so bare with me.

I am trying to find that balance between great renderings and realistic rendering times of complex drawings.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Steve

1. Issue #1 - This may be due to a couple of things. One could be the quality of the HDRI (High-res versus Low Res). There are free one available from our Gold Partner on the ironcad.com site that you can try to see if the issue happens in high-res. The other issue may be the settings on Global Illumination. For a High Quality (but slower rendering), turn up the Shadow Quality to somthing higher than .95 and lower the precision to 2-5. Note: You only need GI if you really need the lighting effect. A lot of the time you can use the 3D Environments for reflections but not necessarily need the GI at all (For example the Machine rendering for 2011 has no GI).

2. The Alpha Mask is a bit different but it is there. The Advance Rendering creates an Alpha Channel in the image. If you open the image in Photoshop (or other graphic editing package), you can due a selection using the Alpha Channel. Then remove it. Using this method, you can also refine the edge of the Alpha to smooth it. So it give it more power in editing where as the old method may require blur effects on the model to smooth out the removed Alpha.

Let me know if that helps.

Cary

Thank you, I will check the high res/low res issue on the hdri and turn off GI and see how it works.

I had actually used the removal by alpha channel, but it really thrashed my edge details so I was hoping there was another option. sad.gif

I am trying to yield a 250 dpi image that is almost fills 8.5 x 11, can you recommend a size setting for this please.

Thanks Cary,

Steve

- I can not get a rendering bigger then the "screen size"  to come out without some strange artifacting in it, like tiny red dots.

If you are generating an image that is bigger than your screen, there will be some artifacts in the render output window (since IronCAD is scaling the image to fit inside the window) that don't actually show up when you save the image.

If you are generating an image that is bigger than your screen, there will be some artifacts in the render output window (since IronCAD is scaling the image to fit inside the window) that don't actually show up when you save the image.

30234[/snapback]

Thank you mike!