Rendering Contest For IRONCAD 2011 Splash Screen

Rendering Splash Screen Contest for IRONCAD 2009 Dear IronCAD Community Members,

Get ready to show off your creative skills once again! IronCAD is looking for creative minds to help create the new IRONCAD startup splash screen images for the IRONCAD 2011 release. This is the third round of the rendering contest and the similar rules apply. We are looking to find the top 4 images that can be used in the IRONCAD 2009 release. If you are one of the 4 winners, you will receive a $100 gift card! In addition to the gift card, your image is presented in the IRONCAD startup which is visible to all users worldwide. Winning images can also contain the tag "Courtesy of "Your Company", which can help market your company through the IRONCAD network of users. See the details below for contest rules.

Good Luck and Thanks for Participating!

IronCAD Marketing

Contest Details:

The following details outline the rules for the IRONCAD Splash Screen Image Contest.

• Submissions must be complete by August 31th, 2010.
  • Winners will selected by IronCAD,LLC and will be announced by September 30th, 2010.
  • All images must be completed using IRONCAD. Some touch-ups can be applied in editing software like Photoshop.
  • Submissions can be posted in this community thread, or can be emailed to support@ironcad.com with the subject "IRONCAD Splash Screen Image Contest 2010" (or just click on the link in this line and it will automatically paste the correct subject line for you).
  • All submissions must be approved by your company to be used in this marketing activity as part of the IRONCAD startup screen.
  • Submissions must fit the following size requirements:
    • Minimum image size: 1035px x 518px at 96DPI.
    • A sample Illustrator CS3 Splash Screen Example can be referenced in the first rendering contest community post to help design and layout of your image (the final version for 2010 will primarily change only the text, but the size and layout will be similar to IRONCAD 2009 XG.
    • Submissions must have a background and image that fit the size requirements. It will be laid out on the splash screen sample when complete.
    • Submissions can be the raw image or can be placed in the Illustrator layout.
  • IronCAD may request the rendering or IRONCAD file in order to tweak details of the final rendering under a full NDA.

* Disclaimer: Certified IronCAD Resellers, IronCAD, LLC employees, and their families are not eligible for the prize. It is not guaranteed that 4 winners will be selected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Cary,

I have a large file from my boat. Unfortunately I can not render into IronCAD.

With the setting: Legacy raytracing engine is an error

and advanced rendering engine is very slowly converting. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I made the attached renderings with Hypershot. It was actually very good and fast.

If the boat you are interested, I can also send you the original file.

The boat was completely in IronCAD. Only for the Hullform I used the free program "Delftship.

Best regards from Austria

amdi

Sanibel_Rendering.rar

Hi Amdi,

If you can send the model and images to support we can take a look at the rendering issue and also try some of the real-time rendering in IRONCAD 2011 (under DirectX/OpenGL2).

I think if we apply som perspective, we can get a really nice rendering that could have a chance for the contest smile.gif

Thanks

Cary

Hi Amdi,

Thanks for the files. Here is a quick screenshot in IRONCAD 2011 with the new real-time effect. Just a couple of seconds to get that look! cool.gif

One Note: For the realistic rendering, I noticed you turned off shadows, raytracing, and antialiasing. Turn those on for optimal performance. If you don't want shadows, disable the settings in the light sources directly. We will look at the realistic result soon.

Thanks

Cary

Sanibel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for everyone who participated in sending in fantastic renderings for the 2011 Splash Screen Contest. We are now in the review process and will announce this years winners later in the month.

Thanks again for all the effort!

Cary

P.S. If you missed the deadline and still have some renderings that you would like considered for the splash screen, please feel free to submit them or send them into support@ironcad.com.

• 1 month later...

Dear Community Members,

IronCAD is pleased to announce the 2011 IRONCAD Splash Screen Rendering contest winners!!

First, we would like to thank everyone who participated in the contest and for your excellent renderings.

This year's winners are:

van Geldern Machine Co., Inc

D. Amann GmbH - Sanibel Cruiser

InnerWorkings, Inc

Lyamin Sergey - www.3din.ru

Rob Patterson, Aerotech Design - Lancair IV Plane

Machine.png

Boat.png

Medical.png

Helio.png

Plane.png

Look for these new splash screen in the latest Beta #4 using the transparent backdrop!

Thanks again for all the effort and we look forward to next years contest!

Cary

• BSTAFF unpinned this topic