lines showing thru

Doug Gower

I did a quick search in the forum but didn't see anyone else having this problem...

Sometimes I see lines showing thru on a part that shouldn't show on front of a part such as from a pocket or some other feature on the back side where the part gets thin near the front. Is there anyway known way to correct this from happening... or maybe problem is the video card I'm stuck with that's on the trailing edge of technology?

Kinda like these? Fairly easy to replicate with simple blocks. Very annoying.

Steve

29074[/snapback]

Thanks Steve - that be the problem. Glad I'm not the only one to see it. Thanks for posting. I should have put something up there. I didn't seen anything wrong on your second picture but it's obvious on the other two.

Thanks again,

Doug

Yep I had this many versions ago, I was working on a thin sheet assembly and this made things extremely difficult, I reached the point where I could not see what was fitting and what wasn't.

Fortunatley this coincided with me having a computer upgrade and this seemed to fix 95% of the problem. I can't remeber what card was in my old computer but I have a Quadro FX 570 in my new one and its much better.

Oh yeah... the grid is showing thru on picture two. I have seen that Steve.

I did a little more experimenting with the problem and so far the only thing I can come up with is the thinner the material and possibly more complex the assembly the more lines tend to show thru. Sometimes lines don't show thru at all and sometimes they do even with the same part and in the same scene & view. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but when I see the lines I can select the feature right thru the part.

I don't remember problems with the Quadro cards I've used before but wasn't happy at all with the ATI Fire card I had. The ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT I'm stuck with on this Mac has been working better than the Fire card though the screen doesn't look as good as I remember with the Quadro cards.

So Steve if you don't mind me asking, what kind of card are you using? You can guess what I'm betting on. At least... I'm curious to see if this problem might be worse with ATI. That's all I'm saying.

Thanks

...So Steve if you don't mind me asking, what kind of card are you using? You can guess what I'm betting on. At least... I'm curious to see if this problem might be worse with ATI. That's all I'm saying.

Thanks

29083[/snapback]

Steve & I (and all the other IronCAD power users at our company) are using Quadro FX1500.

I have a problem that I think is related to this problem.

About the same time that lines started showing thru this startred.

When you turn a part Transparent it shifts most times in the "Z". THis can be seen int the attached picks. I created a block and cut hole in it. Dropped a block in the hole as stand alone and drug it to fit X,Y,Z the plug is flush with part as you can see in pic, Then I made the plug Transparent and blue. You can see that it looks like it is above the level of outer part.

This is a problem for me since I create part of my views a transparent so the the internal parts can be seen.

But if you look close you can see the other problem which is a small line going down into the pocket. It is the same amount of line extending down in the hole that the transparent part sticks up when made transparent.

Dallas

Edited by dhovatter

Steve & I (and all the other IronCAD power users at our company) are using Quadro FX1500.

29086[/snapback]

Well it looks like the type of video card probably doesn't have anything specific to do with this problem then unless it only happens with older cards.