Hi,

I working on a interior rendering and trying to get visualization of realistic sunlight that "entering" through a window.

I had used GI and a white scene BG as basic daylight. And then add a spotlight outside the window just to straighten up the sunlight through the windows. But as you can see on the images below, the shadows becomes too sharp on the wall. How can I blur out the shadows to get it more realistic? Or shall I use a different lightsource for the sunlight?

First Result:

02.png

Second Result:

05.png

*Ignore the artifacts behind the shelf, I will fix this in the final rendering

What shadow settings are you using on the light? Soft Shadows should make it more realistic (however it is a bit slower depending on the number of smaples used).

Cary

28624[/snapback]

Ok, where do I find this setting? I could not find it in "Advance Settings" for shadows.

If I Enable Photons in the GI setting, how will that effect the light in the rendering?

I have never really figured out what this setting would do and when/where to use it.

Ok, where do I find this setting? I could not find it in "Advance Settings" for shadows.

If I Enable Photons in the GI setting, how will that effect the light in the rendering?

I have never really figured out what this setting would do and when/where to use it.

28627[/snapback]

I think the secret lys in Photons. they basiclly determine the number of ways and times the shadows bounce in the scene.

For more clarification, check out this helpful link:

http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userg...lightingmethods

Cheers

Tom

I think the secret lys in Photons. they basiclly determine the number of ways and times the shadows bounce in the scene.

For more clarification, check out this helpful link:

http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userg...lightingmethods

Cheers

Tom

28631[/snapback]

WOW, That's very helpful! biggrin.gif

Thanks Tom!

The shadow settings for individual lights are on the light properties (right-click on the light). There is a button for the shadows. In that dialog, you can select raytraced or soft shadows.

Cary

28637[/snapback]

Ok thanks, I found out based on the link that Tom wrote, that an area light shall be used instead of a spotlight! I will post the final rendering later on.