Displacement maps

I know that we have the abillity to add a bumpmap on a surface and if you use them correctly you could do some pretty cool and realistic renderings...

But it would be more awesome to have displacement maps as a feature aswell. With this kind of feature you could for example create realistic bricks, grass etc with just an image. Please add this into IRONCAD rolleyes.gif

See the examples below to see what I mean:

Bump map:

tn_bump.png

Displacement map:

tn_displ.png

Based on a quick search, I don't think this would be simple for our rendering. The base of our code (Yafray) doesn't have this shader. So we would have to develop it from scratch. Not impossible, but not a highly requested item either. Where would this be used in general rendering? More examples....

Cary

Based on a quick search, I don't think this would be simple for our rendering. The base of our code (Yafray) doesn't have this shader. So we would have to develop it from scratch. Not impossible, but not a highly requested item either. Where would this be used in general rendering? More examples....

Cary

28337[/snapback]

I understand..but I think those who render alot will find this feature verry usefull.

In general renderings you could use this at any part that you want to have an rough and "bumpy" surface..

I found some more examples:

Bricks:

full_large.jpg

Fire:

Embers_large.jpg

Fabric:

Pattern_large.jpg

Chocolate:

im1265473610_large.jpg

Tree:

pi_large.jpg

As you can see there is no limit where to use it! Just think of the renderings you could do with this feature biggrin.gif

YES!!!!!

I constantly need to model items with this type of need I.E. cotton balls, textured bags ( some with fur), believe it or not chocolate logos, and alot of anatomical models that absolutelt require this ability) and after seeing the image with the "branches" that is what I need for my landscaping designs.

Edited by tlehnhaeuser

Do you have that product or are these just renderings you found? I would like to see the settings they offer for this.

Cary

28344[/snapback]

I'm sorry I'dont have that product, I could do some more searching later on if you want to..

The renderings was found on this page:

http://www.indigorenderer.com

I know that you were going to like this Tom tongue.gif

Very nice Link!

Thanks

I would especially need Landscape and nature:

Like: Grass, Tree,

Then houses:

Concrete, Brick, Glas (windows)

Until now I had no Luck with rendering glass (big glass-windows) with houses

Carlo