Trashed fillets and surfaces

I have seen this a lot when I render BUT I have never seen this when GI is deactivated.

Most of the times this is seen on fillets and curvated surfaces.

I've tweaked, tweaked and tweaked but it will not disappear. Right now i'm using Photoshop to heal the rendering.

Any idea to get rid of this error?

Scene file:

Kassadisk_scen.ics

Preview Image:

Trash.jpg

I can't open your scene file. There is an externally linked reference that appears to be crashing ironcad completely.

It looks like the image is being displayed at the wrong pixel ratio or that irradiance cache is enabled and is somehow using bad data for interpolation.

edit: Ok, I managed to open the file - but the desk is gone, all i have is the floor and the background image.

Edited by dcanelhas

Do you know were to set the right pxiel ratio? But I want to have the ability to change SQ and Precision, if I dont have Enable Irrdiance Cache activated I cannot set these values, or do you got any tip what I could do instead?

Sorry that is correct, I forgot to unlik any external files tongue.gif .

Here is the new one:

Kassadisk_new.ics

Edited by erindell

Irradiance cache is a way of speeding up a render by evaluating fewer points, but choosing these points in a way that permits an interpolation of values in between them.

If you simply switch it off you should see a lot more "dots" during the render. Sometimes irradiance cache produces bad results on small details because the sampled points in a region fail to represent the particular feature of small details (such as sharp edges).

Right-clicking the rendered image in ironcad and selecting Resize to default (1:1) sometimes helps to get rid of some holes that appear. Apparently the render window is resizing the image is linearly, leaving holes wherever there is information missing? Saving the image shouldn't be affected by this though, so I have no idea what's causing it for you. Are you using printscreen to capture the image directly from the render window?

I'm sorry i have nothing better to offer. Lycka till.

I believe it is your camera perspective setting (You have it less then 1 degree). Change the perspective to something like 35 or something and the issue goes away. Anytime you use a 3D Image and Global Illumination, you need to have it in a reasonable 3D view. If it is close to ortho, it will render long and have odd effects. (Turn up the Shadow Quality on your final rendering to clean up the shadow on the bottom by the way - to something higher that .925).

Cary

ICRender.jpg

I believe it is your camera perspective setting (You have it less then 1 degree). Change the perspective to something like 35 or something and the issue goes away. Anytime you use a 3D Image and Global Illumination, you need to have it in a reasonable 3D view. If it is close to ortho, it will render long and have odd effects. (Turn up the Shadow Quality on your final rendering to clean up the shadow on the bottom by the way - to something higher that .925).

Cary

ICRender.jpg

28190[/snapback]

Aha that's the explaination, well now i'm going to be more accurate when I place the camera! Thanks Cary biggrin.gif