Innovate

mstrengell

Hi,

I have been working for many years with IronCad, now I´m trying Innovate and it seems that it is a lot slower than the allreadey slow IronCad.

I have quite large scnenes and pretty many parts but that is offcourse something I cannit avoid. Is there anyone else that has noticed this?

cheers

Hi,

I use Windows Vista 64 on a DELL Precision M6300, and it feels overall slow I can´t put a finger on it but theres a delay when clicking the mouse buttons and so on.

another thing is the 3D curves, but they did not work in IronCad and they don´t work in Innovate. look at attachet pdf, and no regenerate will not fix it, or any other way around, only way is to make it from scratch, this is not a complicated curve to redo but it still is a pain!

just some mattersI_want_to_move_the_curve_to_the_other_pipe.pdf

dry.gifI_want_to_move_the_curve_to_the_other_pipe.pdf

Hi,

I'm not sure about the statements on the slowness in that regard. That ususally points to a Graphics issue. We have a 6400 with a Nvidia 3700 arriving soon that we can test on to see if we notice anything similar.

As for the 3D Curve issue, I tested in IRONCAD and it seems to work ok in our test case. Can you send your file to support so that we can invesigate it more? Why don't you just move the sweep feature instead of the guide curve?

Thanks

Cary

Are you having the Property Browser shown or maybe floating by itself? I've noticed that on larger assemblies it sometimes makes selection a bit slower, since it is supposed to show the information of the selected object and have to update the browser information on each selection. On a pretty fast machine here we definitely noticed a difference when the Property Browser was shown compared to when it was hidden behind the Scene Browser. You can easily test this yourselves.

How much memory are you working with? What video card is in your laptop, and how much memory for it? I had been using the same Dell M6300 laptop for a couple of years, but recently switched to a desktop machine because things were getting too slow on the laptop, just not enough horsepower. I had 4 megs of ram in the machine, and was using the 3/gb switch to at least use a little more that 2mb, but wasting ram non the less. I only had the Quadro FX1600M with 256mb of memory for the video, and it just was not enough when the models got to be larger than 100meg or so. I also was using Win XP Pro, but now have Win7 on my desktop, with 8mb of memory, and a 1mb video card. It is a great running machine, with really no problems so far. I still use the laptop at home, but don't do any large designing on it. I don't know about you, but I had to replace the graphics card on my laptop FOUR times.......The Dell guy said there was a problem with this card with heavy CAD users. I can vouch for that! Anyway, goood luck on things.

Mike