Plotting Problem

Steve Cole

When I try to plot C or D size from an IC drawing, either a blank page or an IC drawing format template none of the views plot. I can however plot B size with no problem as well as pre-2009 C & D size drawings and drawing using my custom templates carried over from previous versions of IC.

I'm using a Canon iPF600 plotter.

Any ideas anyone?

Have you checked with Canon for a new driver?

I've been able to print "D" size without any problem but I downloaded the latest HP print driver when I installed IC 2009.

You might try to uninstall and re-install the driver?

27971[/snapback]

Thanks for the response Doug.

I recently had the plotter serviced and the tech downloaded the latest drivers. That was a few weeks before I installed IC.

I did find a work-around. I wrote a PDF file out and then plotted from the PDF. A little awkward but it worked.

This is a bug we are working on.

A couple possible work-arounds:

1.  Print using the All Raster option

2.  Export the drawing to an image and print the image.

27981[/snapback]

Kevin,

The All Raster Option seems to work.

Thanks for the tip.

Is there a memory limit on that printer? Using the Vector/Rater mix will use more memory due to the vector data. So if it fails, it usually mean s a memory issue. Let us know since it may help track the source issue down. Also, try to print with vector only (note shaded views will not print in this mode) and let us know if it fails in that setting only.

Thanks

Cary

Is there a memory limit on that printer? Using the Vector/Rater mix will use more memory due to the vector data. So if it fails, it usually mean s a memory issue. Let us know since it may help track the source issue down. Also, try to print with vector only (note shaded views will not print in this mode) and let us know if it fails in that setting only.

Thanks

Cary

27986[/snapback]

Cary,

I've never had a problem with previous versions of IC with this plotter before. I've had it for at least 3 years.

I did a test and plotted to a file. When I plot to a file using the Raster or Vector based contents on all sheet option the plot file size is 85 KB. When I plot to a file using the All Sheets as Raster option the file size is 2,722 KB. It appears to me that the issue is not the memory in my plotter but the data that IC outputs or doesn't to the plotter.

I haven't had a chance to plot a Vector based drawing yet. When I do I'll let you know