SpacePilot buttons

mwalls558626

I just got my new box up and running with XG64, and I can't seem to get any of my programmed keys to work on the SpacePilot. It was working fine on all other versions including the XG32, so is there something I am missing? I can't get it to recognize my programmed mouse buttons either. I updated all drivers for the mouse and SpacePilot, but no luck in them working. What am I missing?? Is there a driver from IC that I need to load? Let me know. Thanks

Mike

I was going to ask, SpacePilots are not supported yet for W7. I too am ewaiting for the 3D connexion to release W7 drivers. So My SP sits idle.

Tom

27230[/snapback]

Yup, thanks Tom. Figured that may be the cause. I was so happy to be moving up to the 64bit version, I did not spend any time looking into what OS was supported for my pointing devices. I'm here in Microsoft country, and still get mad at how much of a pain it always is to change to a "new and better" operating system. What a joy.....

Mike

Well, I uninstalled the SpacePilot driver, reinstalled again but did a "run as administrator" right click to it on the second install, and now I am able to use the SpacePilot with Windows 7, 64bit OS, XG64. All seems to be working now. Did the same thing with my mouse driver and it also seems to be working. I did have it stop working when I shut down IC and restarted it, but then did a "run as administrator" to the mouse control panel, told it to apply the already set configuration, and it started working again. Something is not quite right still, but for now it is working.

Mike

Came across this at 3dconnexion's support forum. Looks like Windows 7 is now supported by the 3.8 release and later. They added some bold text of the first post saying it's supported but apparently forgot to edit the original part of the post saying it's not yet supported so it's a little conflicting.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic...der=asc&start=0

I've been running the new drivers for a while, just not with W7.

Steve