Windows 7

mwalls558626

Just wanted to get the latest on IC and Windows 7. I'm in the process of getting a new 64bit laptop, and want to make sure it will work with Win 7. I don't want anything to do with Vista, and XP is getting old, but has done the job well. I would like to jump to the newest Windows system if things will work. I know Kevin has been running on Win 7 for awhile, so is it still woking Ok for you? Thanks

Mike

We don't yet "officially" support Win 7. The reason is we have not completed the certification process. We are in that process now and should be completed with Microsoft for our update 1 of XG. However, we have been testing and running on win 7 during the beta and now and have not logged any specific issues with win 7. What we mean by officially supporting is that we can't fully debug into win 7 specific issues at the moment until we have our certification.

Thanks

Cary

I have been using it for 3D and its works well, however I cannot seem to get the CAXA Draft portion of IronCAD to install

tom

27092[/snapback]

Hi Tom,

Remember to run IronCAD as Administrator at least once... right click on the icon and choose "Run as Admin"... that solves the problem.

I'm running Win7 64-bit, but when I try to run Inovate2009XG64.exe, I get a message telling me that "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running..." "Run as administrator" does not fix this problem.

The only other clue I have is that the file size is 283,552KB, which is only half of the advertised size. Do I just need to re-download?

Edited by Steve Eckhardt

The only other clue I have is that the file size is 283,552KB, which is only half of the advertised size.  Do I just need to re-download?

27109[/snapback]

Definitely re-download. I'm running IC on 64-bit Win 7 just fine. You have an incomplete installation file (should be in the 400MB range for innovate)

Edited by Mike Twining

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely re-download.  I'm running IC on 64-bit Win 7 just fine.  You have an incomplete installation file (should be in the 400MB range for innovate)

27110[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip. I tried a second time and got about the right size, but the file was corrupt. A third try did the trick. V2009 is working well on Win7.

Edited by Steve Eckhardt