TeamVault

schizek

TeamVault is being used successfully by a number of companies worldwide. Currently IronCAD no longer offers TeamVault as a standalone product through its CP network. Instead the TeamVault functionality is only available from IronCAD through a custom consulting contract to multi-seat IronCAD installations.

For those customers who want to continue using TeamVault as a standalone EDM system IronCAD has formed an agreement with Applied Software in Atlanta, GA to offer a fully compatible version of the TeamVault functionality. To check the availability of this new solution in your area please contact Applied Software directly (404) 633-8660 (www.asti.com).

I would also like to know more about this. The piece I am most interested in is the check in/check out function. For one reason, when you have multiple people working on files that have the same parts linked into them, the "open as a copy" to parts that are already being used gets very confusing. Also, just the ability to know in an assemble that you are only modifying that assembly and NOT any other individual parts accidentally would be a huge help.

Be assured TeamVault is still an active product within IronCAD and is being maintained and used successfully in many locations. Having an Engineering Data Management solution for IronCAD is key to our strategy going forward. The only real change is that IronCAD is leveraging the expertise of a strategic partner to deliver TV as a standalone product. This frees IronCAD to focus on what it does best and lets our partner do what they do best. Most large seat IC installations are already utilizing TV so the only market growth for the product was to non IronCAD using installations. IronCAD felt that it should stay focused on 3D Mechanical Design and that it was best to address this new market through a strategic partner (ASTI).

As soon as ASTI releases their version of TeamVault we will make that information available on the website. The functionality of the ASTI product will be TV plus some new additions in the viewer area, updated platform support and improved support for AutoCAD 2004.

My definition of large seat installations is 10 seats or above. Teams of this size tend to need EDM to remain productive and from treading on each others toes.

I cannot commit for ASTI but from their current progress I would expect a preview version this month with a final release coming soon there after based on customer feedback.

• 2 years later...
Guest dstewart

Hi

DDM (Design Data Manager) is also capable of integrating with IronCAD and is an IronCAD Partner product.

www.designdatamanager.com

• 8 months later...