IC64 and Vista Issues

tlehnhaeuser

Major issues.

- Rendering constantly crashes at about 30%

- Export image crashes at about 30%

- Drawing files not showing parts of drawings

- Drawings crashing on pdf export if ANY perspective views

I have tested my ram, proc and cant seem to figure it out so I have to render my files on on our last XP box. Im going to try Win7, maybe it will help.

Another upgrade to fix? sad.gif Timing on this?

I know that you know that I am in a network of users that require we use the same version so we can all access the file right? If I upgrade to Beta, I am on an island as far as working with the other XXX Skyline offices is concerned.

Testing is one thing, but I need this to work for production work on my main machine and corp usually will not upgrade until some of the bugs are worked out. I am at a cross roads here, upgrade to Win7 or go back to XP.

I know maybe I can move another XP box onto my desk for when I need to create a CAD. That way I dont have to walk all the way down the hall and ask someone else if I can use their box for 5 minutes to save a .icd as a PDF.

Sweetness

Edited by sbuchanan

...If I upgrade to Beta, I am on an island as far as working with the other XXX Skyline offices is concerned...

Actually, IronCAD 2009 Beta lives harmoniously alongside IronCAD 11 on the same machine. No need for a separate computer to install the Beta. It's very handy for comparing the two versions. smile.gif

Well then Ill be downloading it.

Just for the record, I am not holding IC completely responsible for my issues. I am ordering some different ram and doing some memtest runs on what I have now. Vista itself seems to be just buggy.

I am going to put another boot of Win7 RC on this box when things slow down a bit, then ill test the beta on that as well.

Thanks guys

Hi Steve,

I tested here on a Vista 64 box with Beta 3 of 2009 with the Nexon PAX09 20x50 V1 052209.ics that support had. I was able to open the file and render using the legacy rendering (no crash), create a drawing with standard views and shaded views, create a perspective shaded view, print (to color printer), and print to PDF using IC's PDF (600DPI at 100 Quality).

Everything worked without crashing. In the V11 you have, do all these operation or most fail on your machine? If so, then I think the change made appear to fix the issue. I'm not certain we can make a patch for this for V11 yet (it was over 600 changes in old perl script generated code). But if you can verify the fixes in the beta, then I can work to see if they can port it back.

Thanks

Cary

DRAWING1.PDF

Looks good.

That file was definitely one that gave me issues and right about when the real problem began. I will start downloading it this afternoon and give it a run. If it fixes the issue I will be dancing in the streets, lol.

Thanks I'll keep track of the issues and when the happen.