dimension dementia

mpawlak

In a drawing, you are able to reposition dimensions by clicking and dragging them. You can also do it by right-clicking and dragging them. Why? Countless times I have accidentally repositioned dimensions when all I wanted to do was get to their Properties. Minor but irritating, especially with ordinate dimensions.

Speaking of ordinate dimensions, why do they behave so erratically when you are manually staggering them? Sometimes it's like they're attached to the mouse pointer with a tired rubber band and resist movement. I would leave the option for Automatically Stagger on but IC usually staggers them too far out for my liking. Maybe that's another enhancement request: better auto staggering or a user-defined stagger offset.id='Arial'>

Completely agree - it sounds like a minor gripe, but when you have to place hundreds (and that's just me, I'm sure some people have to do 1000s) of ordinate dim's per day, it becomes too irksome. Same for the warning in Text editing tab for threads - I want to turn it OFF! (here goes a little tantrumsmile.gif)

Alex.

There is a setting that effects the stagger offset, its just not labeled that way. On the text format tab in the dimension properties box the value entered in "Distance of Text from Line/Leader" affects the stagger offset. Try lowering this value in a drawing with staggered dimensions and then restagger the group and see if you can get an offset that looks good. Then change it in your drawing template for future drawings.