2D Section Editing Woes

Guest EricFoy

Guest EricFoy

I'm sorry, guys, but I am finding myself *very frustrated* with ver. 11's 2D editing stuff.

First of all, I don't know what these new gadgets are all about. I'm talking about what I think are some kind of constraint icon thingys that light up at all the intersections. I right-click and connect, but the thingy just stays there. I don't know what it means.

I know, I should take the couple minutes to look at "what's new" to learn, but, hey I'm in a hurry, as usual.

So that's a minor gripe.

But here's the real gripe (aside from the whole new rotate, mirror, move paradigm, which has been discussed -I'll just add here that I'm for letting us put it back the way it was...):

I can't change anything without ALMOST ALL of my geometry totally BLOWING UP and scattering itself all over the place. I think the UI is just way too smart for itself. It just can't seem to let go, man. I mean, I just wanna move this segment over here, buuut nooooo! IC says, "Okay, you can do that, but I'm gonna drag ALL THIS OTHER STUFF with it! So there!" It's got me kinda T.O.'d

Also, arcs don't extend. I was hoping you'd fix that.

Can I get a witness?

Eric

Trust me you are not alone.

I have had to develope a whole new book of work arounds for this. I would expect more bitching but I think Kevin and all there know about most of the issues.

I have a problem sometimes but not other times. I have gotten to where I disconnect some geometry end points before I move them. So all other arcs/lines don't get dragged. I create a new arc, delete the old one and then retrim the new arc when they wont extend. I am being patient hoping for a big fix of this geometry issue. I hope they fix it soon.

Come on IronGuys get this stuff working we are depending on you.

Dallas

The 2D Editing tools are being improved. Here’s a thread discussing this and it contains a link to a “work-in-progress” hotfix DLL that might help:

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...indpost&p=24158

And description of it's use:

http://www.ironcad.com/support/community/i...indpost&p=23923

BTW, I'm seeing arcs extending here, any constraints on those arcs?

If you don't want the automatic constraints, you can turn them off under the Constraints options when you right-click on a sketch.

The ones you see are probably the coincident. Which will stay put if it is coincident to a point (that is why it moves back when you drag it).

Cary