Vista Question

sbuchanan

Just upgraded to vista64 and have been messing with IronCAD all day.

I can not get IronCAD to run even as an administrator. It shows up in the task mgr with a *32 next to it which I imagine is not a good thing. I installed it from the IC11 disk that came in the mail and patched with PU1. Anyone have some insight on this? I am new to this Vista experience and can see why people hate it.

Thank you

Note: The IC11 program installed in the x86 Program Files Directory but is running as *32. Is this my problem.

Also saw a note about running as DX9.0c(nov08) Do I need to roll back this DX10 install to DX9?

Edited by sbuchanan

this is what Kevin sent me when I updated to Vista /64 computer.

this install worked fine , so far, for me.

Heres the installer for Vista 64 (it includes PU1):

IronCAD 11PU1 64-bit Vista Download:

http://download.ironcad.com/download/IRONC...NCAD64Vista.exe

You will need Administrator rights to install it, plus when licensing youll need to right-click the License Activation Wizard button and select Run As Administrator. You should also run IronCAD as Administrator once to make sure everything is registered.

Like I said so far the install has gone OK. There are still some flakey things but I had some of the same flakey things in XP with V11.

Dallas