Intermittently Slow Drawing Saves?

Mike Allen

Is anyone else experiencing slow drawing save times (on the order of 20 minutes)? We're seeing this intermittently - some days, a specific drawing will take under a minute to save & other days, the same drawing will take 20 minutes. On the days when "drawing A" is slow, "drawing B" (being a drawing of equivalent complexity) will save quickly. Sometimes, we get both slow & fast saves on the same drawing. (Associated scenes are always under a minute to save.)

If this were network related, it seems that other programs would also have slow save times & all drawings saved at that time would be slow. But we're seeing one person having a slow drawing save, while the person at the next desk has quick drawing save times.

Anyway, just wanted to see if we're alone in this.

Guest EricFoy

Are these saves always taking place over the network?

I have had nothing but problems with Winblows Networking. My final approach has been to use static IP adresses everywhere, and putting an entry for each machine into the LMHOSTS file on each machine. It's a long shot, but this might help...

I too have had this problem sooo....

I just ordered 16 GB of ram ( 4- 4gb sticks) to help with my slow saves and opens. the one thing I have noticed is 64 bit not having any restraints on memory useage wants all it can take. If anything else is running it seems to have a drastic affect on save/open times, watch the task manager while you do this....processor is floored and it is page filing like crazy.....denoting not enough ram so I am plugging all I can in this particular machine and with any luck 16 GB should be plenty (for now).

btw

I made a copy of my files locally and it did not change a thing. I am running x64 XP with the current x64 version of IC. I will let you know what happens with the extra memory. Also I just replaced the graphics card with PCI Express Nvidia Quadro FX3700 which helped a little bit but I think for the money more ram would be the first choice...all you can get! wink.gif