Your advise please

djohannesen

Please refer to the attached file.

Refer to the 'rear' column, & you will see a gap between the top of column & the roof beam.

What method(s) does everyone use to:

a/ move the bolting plate to mate with roof beam

b/ extend the column to mate flush with the plate.

Also, the overhang at the front is to have its' length dimensioned from the 'intersection' of the front face of the column & the roof beam. Again, I use a 2D sketch as I don't know of any way to refernce to the 'intersection' in the model.

All replies greatly appreciated as I tend to sketch the profiles, trim & determine lengths to move/extend.

e

how.zip

quote:Originally posted by djohannesen:

Please refer to the attached file.

Refer to the 'rear' column, & you will see a gap between the top of column & the roof beam.

What method(s) does everyone use to:

a/ move the bolting plate to mate with roof beam

I use the Mate Align tool to assemble the two.

b/ extend the column to mate flush with the plate.

I believe that you can simply right-click on the end-handle, select "to point", and then select the bottom surface of the recently-moved bolting plate.

Also, the overhang at the front is to have its' length dimensioned from the 'intersection' of the front face of the column & the roof beam. Again, I use a 2D sketch as I don't know of any way to refernce to the 'intersection' in the model.

Are you talking about dimensioning in the scene? It's much easier to dimension in the 2D drawing. You can shade any or all views and export to PDF.

All replies greatly appreciated as I tend to sketch the profiles, trim & determine lengths to move/extend.

e

id=quote>
id=quote>

id=red>

It would make it more realistic if you extend the overhang well beyond the edge of the rear beam. That way you could not have used the "To Point."

Try this one. This makes it harder to use the Mate & Align or Tri-Ball. Both will allow them to float around...

how2.ics