Facet Issue

sbuchanan

Hi Guys,

This has happened to me once before and now it is much more painful. I have very complex and large file that has seemed to convert every part in the file to facets, losing all the properties and interactivity options.

So my question is... What would cause such a thing? I will have to spend quite a bit of time to re-draw this project.

Thank you,

Steve

One cause was scaling shaded rendered drawing views but that was fixed with Hotfix 4, I have had it again reported a couple times but haven't been able to pin down what the current cause is. Please let me know if you remember any specific steps that lead up to this.

Hi Steve,

We fixed the issue that was discovered from your corporate office. However, it seems that there may be another way of getting into the case. If you can provide any clues on how the issue is happening, we will address the issue.

You are using the latest verion of IRONCAD correct?

Thanks

Cary

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me also for the first time in the current build and product update. Unfortunately it happened Friday and I don't remember the exact steps. However, I made the exact same changes to 2 identical files just minutes beforehand. The only file to change to all facets was the 3rd file after the change and after i had printed to PDF. While that and a save is usually my last operation before closing, I can't say for sure in this case.

It's probably not a cooincidence then that on all 3 files I wasn't able have more then 1 shaded view in the drawing without it crashing and not being able to save. (Failed to save the document. Cause:Unspecified error) It was all standard parts that we use in all our drawings, not complex or unusual in any way that I can tell.

I just tried to retrace my steps and couldn't reproduce it, sorry.

Steve