3d File Of Human Arm

trying to build the perfect woman are you.... lol

21662[/snapback]

Jeez!, its like you guys have a camera in my office tongue.gif BTW, is that possible tongue.gif

Nah, heres what I'm up to...

model_1a.jpg

I found a WRL file of a women and extracted the arm. Its not perfect (no pun intended) since I can really modify the WRL file without it converting to a rough solid. But this will do I suppose.

I found a WRL file of a women and extracted the arm. Its not perfect (no pun intended) since I can really modify the WRL file without it converting to a rough solid. But this will do I suppose.

21663[/snapback]

Tom,

the number 1 source for humans (including perfect women) and their respective body parts is Poser: Poser

I'm using it in order to get hands into my illustrations. Using Poser, you can set up any posture and export the geometry to e.g. *.obj, which is read by IC. The exported file has a limited resolution, so I often use other applications to smooth the resulting geometry, depending on the required quality. From your rendering it's hard to tell what the quality of your glass arm really is, but I think a Poser arm would be better as far as quality and details are concerned. The attached image shows a rendered collection of hands (part of my 'homegrown' library) I did with Poser, just as an example.

Bernd

KONTAKTBOGEN.jpg

Thanks Bernd,

I'll have to check Poser out.

On another note, Bernd do you find you have problems importing OBJ files into IronCAD? I have downloaded some free files from Dosch Design and not sure it the problem lies with them or IronCAD but the files come in missing faces. This one in particular:

https://www.dosch-design.com/demos/Sample_D...ars2005_obj.zip

I am actually looking for a useable 3D file I can use in IronCAD of a Crane which dosch has, but if there OBJs don't work right, not going to waste the money.

Any feedback is welomed from anyone. Also if anyone has a Crane file they are willing to share, that would solve my problems straight out.

thanks

Tom

On another note, Bernd do you find you have problems importing OBJ files into IronCAD? I have downloaded some free  files from Dosch Design and not sure it the problem lies with them or IronCAD but the files come in missing faces.

21778[/snapback]

Hi Tom,

this depends on the OBJ file in question. There shouldn't be problems importing "clean" geometry via OBJ into IC, although IC is not really made to handle polygon files. A single (or a group of) solid(s) should come in without problems. OTOH, the Dosch car is a single object consisting of mixed geometries. It contains some (polygonal) solids as well as surface objects, at a pretty low resolution. I can imagine that this is kind of problematic for an application like IC.

Edit: I've converted the file (externally) from QBJ to 3DS. While IC chews on the OBJ for a looooong time, the 3DS opens almost immediately. Seems to be the better format for IC (see attachment).

Bernd

original.3ds.zip

Edited by Bernd Meißner