The Adventures Of Renderman

Guest svangeldern

Guest svangeldern

When we left last RenderMan he was working late to generate an image, which he hoped, was worthy of Tom's calendar.....

I've almost got it he says. I'll just change the image on this surface and press F8 to zoom out. That way I can click on the background so the surface won't be highlighted, then I'll just click on Restore Last and..... WOOOSHHHH! Suddenly, out of nowhere, lights that were turned off in the scene streaked to their focal point in an attempt to destroy the model (fortunately RenderMan had his high speed capture software running and you can see the vapor trails in the attached image). The explosion registered on Richter Scales throughout the Northeast US of A. But as you all know, RenderMan is an excellent designer, the damage to the model was minimal...(actually there was none).

RenderMan cursed his nemesis...Damn you NewRenderingEngine, I know your behind this! I'll stay here all night until I get this rendering just right! I have to be in Tom's calendar!

Brinng!.....Brinng!....Hello, this is RenderMan!. Oh hello Hdri (RenderMan's wife, for those of you who have not been following the series) ....er....yes...I was just....OK...I'll be home in a few minutes.

Tune in next week when RenderMan says..Fresnel Lens..I don't need no Freeking Fresnel Lens....

Disclaimer

RenderMan and those appearing in the RenderMan Series are fictional characters. Any use of real names is coincidental and purely unintentional. Any similarities to actual persons (Eric & Tom, HA!) is also pure coincidence, and not our intent. We cannot emphasize enough how coincidental our fictional entities are to any real life individual, entity, or character. Please feel free to add your own RenderMan episodes and watch for the DVD to be released Christmas 2008!

]post-209-1206069986_thumb.jpgpost-209-1206070024_thumb.jpg

Edited by svangeldern

Guest EricFoy
....er....yes...I was just....OK...I'll be home in a few minutes.

You've been tapping my phone. I knew it. I could hear the clicks.

I have had those freaking streaking vapor trail lights attack my scenes several times. The first time they attacked it caused my forehead to scrunch up and my head to tilt to the side, but otherwise I haven’t noticed much effect.

Thanks for the excellent episode. laugh.gif

Scott